License and Credits
Digitized Diasporic Memory is a graduate thesis project conceived by Candide Uyanze in partial fulfilment of her MDes in Digital Futures at OCAD University.
The present thesis website and database audio recordings are licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0: Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
If you are remixing audio recordings from the database, please credit the person speaking.
If you are remixing any part of this website, please credit Candide Uyanze.
Research Participants // Database Contributors
- Joyce Tshiyoyo
- Yvonne Mpwo
- Philippe Kakana
- Patricia Kanana Mwenda
- Kahmaria Pingue
- Solange L Tungu
- Candide Uyanze
Open Source Projects in Use
Media production and Graphic Design
- Kdenlive: Non-linear video editor → Donate
- Audacity: Digital audio editor and recording application → Support
- Inkscape: Vector graphics editor → Support
- Glimpse Image Editor: Raster graphics editor (project on hiatus)
- Krita: Raster graphics editor → Donate
- Penpot: Design and prototyping platform → Support
- Syne: Used for the body font → Contribute
- Logseq: Outliner notebook for organizing and sharing personal knowledge bases → Donate
- Publii: Static site generator and content management system (CMS) → Donate
- Nocodb: #NoCode platform and Airtable alternative → Donate
- Umami Analytics: Privacy-focused web analytics → Contribute
- Counter: Privacy-friendly web analytics → Donate